Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blueberry Cheesecake with Toasted Cashews


A couple weeks ago I tried a blueberry cheesecake ice cream. I topped it off with a wild blueberry sauce and toasted cashews for some crunch. I thought the cheesecake ice cream tasted too much like eating cheesecake and not enough like ice cream. In my next batch I will try to add more sweet cream and give it a more even taste of ice cream and cheesecake. But if you like frozen cheesecake this would be the ice cream for you! The blueberry sauce was simple blueberry reduction with some sugar and cornstarch to thicken it up a little bit.
I thought cashews would add a nice crunch and flavor to I didn't want to use Almonds or Walnuts because i think it would have taken away from the blueberry. I already had some suggestion of making a strawberry cheesecake....but since fall is coming I might try a Pumpkin cheesecake...stay tuned to see if that recipe makes it to the blog!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

All photography and written text on all our sites are Copyright of Triple Scoop Desserts ©2007-2018, unless otherwise noted. Material may not be duplicated, published or re-written without permission. All rights reserved